Amy and Sam headed to the beach, where Sam played in the waves
and Amy relaxed in a beach chair. Sarah and I got our fashionable life vests and helmets on,
and walked to the beach where our guide awaited. She quickly got us acclimated and we headed out to sea in our tandem kayak.
The water was 68 degrees, but it felt good. The company also has photographers all over who took pictures of us that will be available in a few days (Now posted here:)
I bought a waterproof camera that I'll get developed when we get back to Savannah. So these are the only pictures for now.
We paddled about a mile to the cliffs area, and saw crabs,
fish of all colors, and sea lions on our way. We were able to paddle into one of the caves before we started to head back.
When we got back on the shore,
we got some lunch at a beach sandwich shop, and then drove up to the cliff on top of the caves we had kayaked to. Amy and the kids walked out to the rocks while I continued to search for parking. Other drivers waited along a line of cars, patiently watching for someone to return to their car and leave. I ventured up a side street and found a 30 minute parking spot. We all walked out on a rocky point and watched dozens of sea lions playing and sunbathing. They were loud!
The kids also found some small caves near this beach.
We got back in the Charger and headed home for a rest. Then we headed downtown to Little Italy.
We parked near the harbor and waterfront drive, and walked up the hill to the Mona Lisa restaurant where we had a mediocre dinner and then walked through the streets. Then we drove through the Gaslamp district of clubs and bars on our way home. Not sure what this is, but it's pretty:
Tomorrow,more beach and sightseeing! Please post a response!
some big seals
ReplyDeleteThat many seals? Lots of seal pooh I'd say. Hey you need a selfie stick!
ReplyDelete